Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When water damage strikes, it can be a panic-inducing moment. Most people have little-to-no experience with serious disasters, and if your sump pump starts backing up, or a pipe starts spewing water, damage can pile up quickly.
It is so important to call a professional mitigation company like SERVPRO of West Seneca/Lancaster immediately after water damage is discovered. Our team of certified technicians has years of experience dealing with all kinds of different situations, and they're here to help you in your time of need.
Our best advice when you discover water damage? Stop the source, call SERVPRO of West Seneca/Lancaster and let us handle the rest.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (716) 674-1103
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.